Who should take this course?
Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will benefit you because boats in various parts of the world do things differently. Scuba diving from a boat is fun and relatively easy because you usually descend directly onto your dive site.
If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 10 years old, you can enroll in the Boat Diver course.
What will you learn?
The PADI Boat Diver course will expand your knowledge about boats from small inflatables to large liveaboards. You’ll gain experience scuba diving by completing two dives from a boat in your local area and learn:
- Boat terminology.
- Boat diving procedures and etiquette, including how to enter and exit, and where to stow your gear.
- Boating safety, including how to locate safety equipment.
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
How can you start learning now?
You can start by reading the PADI Boat Diver Manual and watching the Boat Diving video in preparation for meeting with your instructor to schedule the boat dives. Stop by Scuba Shack to enroll in the course and get your Boat Diver Crew-Pak and start learning.
What scuba gear will you use?
Beyond using basic scuba equipment, you’ll want to have a surface signaling device, such as an inflatable signal tube. Having a complete spare parts kit is also a good idea. The Scuba Shack staff may suggest additional equipment depending on what type of boat and where your boat diving adventures take you.
Get onboard and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in a Deep Diver course at Scuba Shack.
- Browse the Scuba Shack Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Wreck Diver, Underwater Navigator or Dry Suit Diver.
- Check out our local and destination dive trips.
- Keep working with Scuba Shack to earn your Master Scuba Diver rating.
Contact Scuba Shack concerning our dive schedule and course fees.