Scuba Technician – Basic
In addition to teaching and mentoring other scuba divers, dive professionals are expected to have a degree of scuba equipment maintenance and repair skills. To better prepare you for your dive career, Scuba Shack has designed a Scuba Technician curriculum that provides individuals with a baseline of knowledge and practical experience in scuba equipment maintenance and repair.
The Scuba Technician Course serves as a foundation for more extensive and specific gear servicing certifications.
- Minimum age is 18 years old
Length of Program
- 8-week course
Orientation to the scuba repair facility and tools
Basic equipment repairs knowledge development, and practical exercises
- O-ring replacement
- Hose replacement
- Common buoyancy compensating device repairs
- Submersible pressure gage repair
- Computer battery replacement
Tank valve rebuild knowledge development, and practical exercises
Scuba regulator service knowledge development, and practical exercises
- Apeks XTX 50 first stage online course
- Apeks XTX 200 first stage online course
- Apeks XTX 200/50 second stage online course
- Full service practical walk through
- Full service under instruction
- Full service independent
- Scuba regulator inspection
Fill station operation
Introduction to visual inspection procedures
Regulator Savvy. Authored by Peter Wolfinger. Published by the Peter Built Company (2003).
Please call Scuba Shack at (860) 563-0119 or email us to arrange a consultation to discuss more details regarding the training including costs and other expectations.